About ADAMI Media Prize
The ADAMI Media Prize was created in 2015 to encourage filmmakers, journalists, and audio-visual media professionals in the EU Eastern Partnership countries (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine) to promote topics of migration, tolerance, and cultural diversity. The prize is open to broadcasters and audio-visual media producers in the six participating countries, and rewards outstanding TV, film, and online programmes which deal with diversity-related issues. Alongside the prize, ADAMI organizes several events for networking and fosters exchange among media professionals in Eastern Europe and the EU.
The ADAMI Media Prize celebrates diversity as a core value of our societies. We believe that media plays an important role in shaping public attitudes, and that by positively showcasing diversity, media can contribute towards peaceful coexistence between different groups in society.
The ADAMI Media Prize in an initiative of Forschungsgruppe Modellprojekte e.V and is funded by the Federal Foreign Office (Germany) and ProCredit Holding (Germany).
Purpose of the job
The Communications Coordinator is based in Tbilisi office of ADAMI Media Prize.
The Communications Coordinator is responsible for managing the organization’s public image and public relations. Our communications strategy is to work on the promotion of the ADAMI Media Prize in the EU Eastern Partnership Countries (in Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine). This role requires the Communications Coordinator to liaise with our country coordinators and to assist the program director in our global communications.
Profile of the candidate
The successful candidate has strong experience in website and social media management and content creation. S/he is an outgoing writer who knows how to create effective products and relate to different audiences using varied digital and print media. S/he is proactive, creative and optimistic, with interest in media development and a passion for making a difference in the region. S/he has a results-oriented approach and proposes ways to innovate and continuously improve our communications products, practices, channels and messaging.
● Create the main communication documents for ADAMI (including press releases and other strategic documents);
● Work with website developers, designers, video editors, printers, translators, photographers and filmmakers to develop promotional materials and communications products;
● Oversee the communications strategies and activities of ADAMI coordinators in the EU Eastern Partnership countries;
● Communicate and develop networks with international media outlets and partner organizations for promoting ADAMI;
● Provide strategic advice to the ADAMI coordinators for improving outreach internationally;
● Website and social media maintenance: create website content and update information, upload documents, make changes to the web-site and the ADAMI accounts when necessary.
Essential skills and experience
● Near native level English and Russian speaker with excellent writing skills. Knowledge of Georgian is an advantage;
● Track record of managing websites and social media outreach, creating and editing content;
● Strong knowledge of content management systems (e.g. WordPress, Squarespace, etc.);
● Strong interpersonal skills and experience in cross-cultural communication and international environments;
● Strong understanding of the regional situation both in terms of political-socio-economics, as well as the media landscape;
● Basic knowledge of graphic design softwares will be considered an advantage.
How to apply
To apply for the post, please fill out the application form. Documents must be submitted in English. Deadline for the application is January 31, 2018. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
If there are any questions regarding application process, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org